Data usage question
JANBRA82
Enthusiast - Level 1

i will be traveling to England, Scotland, and France. I am looking at the take your plan with you option. I currently have 2 GB of data on my plan. I will be gone 14 days and will be relying heavily on MapQuest or Google Maps or similar apps for walking directions, as I plan to do a lot of on my own walking tours. I don't expect to do much calling, but probably some email and text messages to check in back home. Do you think the navigating will chew up more than the 2 GB of data?

Tags (1)
Re: Data usage question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could use that much data. Are you looking at the Travel Pass option or the other international plans offered by Verizon Wireless? Have you also looked at getting a local prepaid SIM card for each country you will be visiting? I think England and Scotland would be covered by the same carrier as they are on the same island. For a trip that long it might be more economical to use the local carrier instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Data usage question
JANBRA82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was looking at the Verizon options and leaning towards the take my own plan option. But I'm thinking the same thing - the navigation can really chew up data so I may be better going with their upgraded data, doing the max amount or getting the SIM card. I will have to compare the prices and see which is cheaper.

0 Likes