Does my international plan cover calls to the U.S. from Canada?
LAUS

I have an international plan that allows me to call overseas from USA. Does it cover calls TO United States FROM Canada?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Plans
Weth
Legend

No, that is different. Calling international while in the US is international long distance. Calling when out of the country back to the United States is international roaming.

What plan do you have now? Unless you have the new Verizon Plan XL or XXL, calling from Canada is extra. You have 2 basic choices

1) Activate TravelPass on your account. You will then be charged $2 a day to use your phone in Canada, which includes calling back to the US. You use your current plan minutes, text, and data allotments.

2) Buy a International package for $15 which gets you 100 min, 100 texts, and 100 MB data, or a $25 package which gets you 500 minutes, 500 texts, and 1 GB data in Canada for 1 month period.

If you don't get either of these packages you will pay 99 cents a minutes for calls, and $2.05 per MB of data. Depending on your plan, you may have texting included already, otherwise it is 50 cents to send, 25 cents to receive.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: International Plans
Weth
Legend

No, that is different. Calling international while in the US is international long distance. Calling when out of the country back to the United States is international roaming.

What plan do you have now? Unless you have the new Verizon Plan XL or XXL, calling from Canada is extra. You have 2 basic choices

1) Activate TravelPass on your account. You will then be charged $2 a day to use your phone in Canada, which includes calling back to the US. You use your current plan minutes, text, and data allotments.

2) Buy a International package for $15 which gets you 100 min, 100 texts, and 100 MB data, or a $25 package which gets you 500 minutes, 500 texts, and 1 GB data in Canada for 1 month period.

If you don't get either of these packages you will pay 99 cents a minutes for calls, and $2.05 per MB of data. Depending on your plan, you may have texting included already, otherwise it is 50 cents to send, 25 cents to receive.

0 Likes