Free VZW Message to enable data when close to Canadian border
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I have the Go Unlimited Plan on my phone which includes Canada.  I changed to this plan, from using TravelPass, as I am in northern Vermont and almost daily connect to Canadian towers.  When I get close, I get a text message from Mobile: 5426: Free VZW Message: To enable data services, please visit www.vzw.com/intltrvl free from your mobile device. This is annoying, as I have unlimited text and data, even when hitting the Canadian tower.  Shouldn't whatever is generating this message be able to see that my phone number has unlimited data even in Canada and NOT send me this text?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Free VZW Message to enable data when close to Canadian border
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It has recently stopped with the generic warning message and now DOES give a message implying my account DOES include voice/text/data when in Canada.  Looks like they have changed something that works at least for me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bs2224
Enthusiast - Level 1

We also get it in Alaska and we're no where near Canada. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It has recently stopped with the generic warning message and now DOES give a message implying my account DOES include voice/text/data when in Canada.  Looks like they have changed something that works at least for me.

0 Likes