Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Getting ripped on travel pass
Brian999

I am in europe with phone in airplane mode and still getting charged for travelpass $10 per day even though data is off oan phone is in airplane mode.  I dont want international service.  I am just using the phone for wireless internet not data.  Please advise. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting ripped on travel pass
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Brian999 wrote:

I am just using the phone for wireless internet not data. Please advise.

I am advising that "wireless internet" IS data.

Brian999

Actually i can pick up witeless on an ipad with no cell phone service (which i wish i had brought instead).  It does not require connection to the cellular tower.  My gallaxy 8 is in airplane mode and should be free.  Still getting ripped off $10 / day.  Anyone else?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You are not telling the whole story here because when you put something into "airplane mode", you turn off ALL radios on the device and would not be able to pick up a signal of any kind, whether it is cellular or wifi(both of which are "wireless" by the way).

I assume you have gone in to the settings after placing the device into airplane mode and turned back on the "wifi" radio? If not, then your device is not fully going into "airplane mode" and is likely why you are being charged the TravelPass fee.

Possibly when you turned back on the "wifi" radio you also turned back on the cellular radio? I don't know, but I have used TravelPass in the past and was not charged a daily fee when I had my device in "airplane mode", only on days I took my device out of "airplane mode".