Going to Mexico
DaveWrez

Going to Mexico with two teens.  How should I set their iPhones to avoid unnecessary charges?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Going to Mexico
Weth
Legend

Once you get on the airplane, set both phones to airplane mode and tell them very clearly to not turn airplane mode off until they are back in the USA. When you get to Mexico, you can turn on wifi only so they can use local wifi. They may want to download Verizon Message + app. This will allow them to send text messages over wifi from Mexico back to US for no charge.  Emphasize with them that airplane mode cannot come off for any reason, unless it is a real emergency.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Once you get on the airplane, set both phones to airplane mode and tell them very clearly to not turn airplane mode off until they are back in the USA. When you get to Mexico, you can turn on wifi only so they can use local wifi. They may want to download Verizon Message + app. This will allow them to send text messages over wifi from Mexico back to US for no charge.  Emphasize with them that airplane mode cannot come off for any reason, unless it is a real emergency.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you don't have any surprise overages. Are you aware if international blocks are set up?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes