How Do I Use Wi-Fi On My Devices While In New Zealand?
maxandbenny

what is the procedure to use date while traveling internationally?  I've purchased the 30 day plan from Verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I use wifi while traveling to new zealand
Weth
Legend

I have an iPhone also so that is my primary knowledge strength.

On the iPhone I would recommend the following.

Settings - General - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Roaming Voice & Data both on and International CDMA off, Enable LTE Voice &Data both on

Settings - Phone - Wifi Calling  Set to On - and Prefer Wifi While Roaming On. You may need to add an emergency address - just put your home address

Now when you are travelling, make sure you have a plan in place. Then whenever you are on wifi, your phone will connect to Wifi calling - you will see VZW Wi-Fi where Verizon usually is in the upper left status area. When you see this, calls and text you make will not come out of your international plan but are like you are in the US!. Keep that in mind though if you are calling a number in the country you are in, as that would be international long distance. But if you see a local carrier in the upper left status area and you have an international plan, then the local number will be included in your international plan. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Make sure you have roaming for data and voice turned on. If you have an Android phone make sure you have Global GSM and not CDMA/LTE selected. Other than that it usually just works. If it doesn't connect, turn off the phone completely and try turning it on again.

0 Likes
maxandbenny

Hello.  Thank you.  I have an iPhone 6.  Is it the same procedure? 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I have an iPhone also so that is my primary knowledge strength.

On the iPhone I would recommend the following.

Settings - General - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Roaming Voice & Data both on and International CDMA off, Enable LTE Voice &Data both on

Settings - Phone - Wifi Calling  Set to On - and Prefer Wifi While Roaming On. You may need to add an emergency address - just put your home address

Now when you are travelling, make sure you have a plan in place. Then whenever you are on wifi, your phone will connect to Wifi calling - you will see VZW Wi-Fi where Verizon usually is in the upper left status area. When you see this, calls and text you make will not come out of your international plan but are like you are in the US!. Keep that in mind though if you are calling a number in the country you are in, as that would be international long distance. But if you see a local carrier in the upper left status area and you have an international plan, then the local number will be included in your international plan. Hope that helps.

0 Likes