How do I make calls while traveling?
dlourens

These should be easy questions, but I'm unable to find them anywhere on the Verizon website.

We're traveling in Europe with my iPhone 6 and have already set up an International plan.

• So while traveling, how do we call or text someone in the US?  Need to do anything different, or just dial/text the number?  Any special country codes needed?
  • How to call or text our traveling companion that is in the same country (but is also a US resident)?
  • How to call a local establishment while traveling?
  • How to monitor our data usage (international roaming) while traveling?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Calling
Weth
Legend

If someone's US number is (123) 456-7890

you would dial: +1 123 456 7890

the plus can be dialed by holding in th zero if you don't see a plus symbol.  Store the number like this in your address book and it will work everywhere, including at home in Same area code. 

You do the same for someone else with a US number traveling overseas with you or another country.

To call a local establishment, use the + country code and then local number

in France this would be +33 6 12 34 56 78. Or +33 06 12 34 56 78

set your counter on the ohine to zero and monitor those.  There can be long delays until Verizon gets the numbers.   Don't count on warnings. 

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you look at this site? International Services | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If someone's US number is (123) 456-7890

you would dial: +1 123 456 7890

the plus can be dialed by holding in th zero if you don't see a plus symbol.  Store the number like this in your address book and it will work everywhere, including at home in Same area code. 

You do the same for someone else with a US number traveling overseas with you or another country.

To call a local establishment, use the + country code and then local number

in France this would be +33 6 12 34 56 78. Or +33 06 12 34 56 78

set your counter on the ohine to zero and monitor those.  There can be long delays until Verizon gets the numbers.   Don't count on warnings. 

dlourens

very helpful, thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlourens, we want to make sure that you have all the tools that you need when internationally traveling. The calling patterns have been provided below:

Dial Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number to call back to someone in the U.S.

Dial Plus Sign then Country Code then Local Number with Area Code (if applicable) when calling a local establishment in that country.

You can manage your data usage at My Verizon http://vz.to/1nvKlnG

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes