How do I start and stop my international plan?
Brewermhk

I see there is an international plan that can be turned on and off as needed. My question is this. My billing period starts on the 16th of each month and ends on the 15th. I am traveling between the 12th and 20th of the month. So when do I need to turn the international plan on and off? Sounds like I need if for 2 months even though I will only be gone 8 days. Thanks for any suggestions here.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Starting and stopping an international plan.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for answers Brewermhk! I'm here to assist you with your international service inquiry. You are able to add an international travel plan just for just the days traveling however you should be aware that because the plan will prorate so will the usage. For example, if adding the $40 plan for 100 minutes, 100 sent messages (unlimited received) and 100MBs of data, you'd be limited to 13 minutes, 13 sent messages and 13 megabytes of data during the 4 day time frame of the 12th -15th and 16 minutes messages and megabytes for the 16th - 20th (given a 30 day billing cycle) in order to avoid overages ($0.25/min, $0.25/sent message, $25.00/100MB). As a result, you may want to keep the plan active for 2 full months to cover the days traveling and ensure no overages incur. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Starting and stopping an international plan.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for answers Brewermhk! I'm here to assist you with your international service inquiry. You are able to add an international travel plan just for just the days traveling however you should be aware that because the plan will prorate so will the usage. For example, if adding the $40 plan for 100 minutes, 100 sent messages (unlimited received) and 100MBs of data, you'd be limited to 13 minutes, 13 sent messages and 13 megabytes of data during the 4 day time frame of the 12th -15th and 16 minutes messages and megabytes for the 16th - 20th (given a 30 day billing cycle) in order to avoid overages ($0.25/min, $0.25/sent message, $25.00/100MB). As a result, you may want to keep the plan active for 2 full months to cover the days traveling and ensure no overages incur. Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes