How does TravelPass affect third party callers?
Dominarofaction

I use TravelPass from time to time, but up until now I only needed it to call others or to access the web. Now, though, I need to stay in contact with people in the US. If I’m in France (with Travel Pass, so my regular # works) and someone in the US calls me, are they charged for a foreign call or are they charged as if I were still in the US?  Similarly, if someone local to France calls my #, are they charged as if I were local or in the US?  The information online doesn’t address this and I’ve been given different information by customer service. (I really don’t want someone to get a $$$ bill they aren’t expecting!)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How does TravelPass affect third party callers?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Dominarofaction wrote:

I use TravelPass from time to time, but up until now I only needed it to call others or to access the web. Now, though, I need to stay in contact with people in the US. If I’m in France (with Travel Pass, so my regular # works) and someone in the US calls me, are they charged for a foreign call or are they charged as if I were still in the US?  Similarly, if someone local to France calls my #, are they charged as if I were local or in the US?  The information online doesn’t address this and I’ve been given different information by customer service. (I really don’t want someone to get a $$$ bill they aren’t expecting!)

I believe if they (anyone) dials your US number, they are charged for a US call.  If someone in France is calling your US number, they are charged accordingly, as they are NOT dialing a local number.

Maybe a Verizon agent will chime in here to verify/clarify.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Dominarofaction

Thanks, that’s what I would have thought, too, but for the conflicting info I’ve been given. One said the US caller would be OK, another said the French caller would be the one making the “local” call. It would be great if my $10 covered them both, but yeah, hopefully someone from Verizon will give us a definitive answer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such great questions! Let's get you the answers to them.  If you're using your Verizon device and TravelPass, while traveling outside the US, callers from the US will not incur any additional calling charges when calling your mobile number.  It would be like calling you while you're both in the US. Does this help?

We certainly want you to enjoy yourself while traveling abroad. France is a very beautiful country! Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Thanks! -Robert C.

0 Likes
Dominarofaction

Thanks, Robert!  So that takes care of the US caller.  Does that mean a third party caller in France would be charged for an international call, even if they are just next door to me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be wondering the same thing. It is up to his carrier and what plan he has if the next-door neighbor calls you on their phone. Does this provide clarity? -Amber

0 Likes
Dominarofaction

Not really, I'm afraid.  I understand that my French neighbor's charges will depend on their plan.  But I guess my question is really more technical -- i.e., whether my phone (with Travel Pass) would still be considered a US phone # for purposes of my French neighbor, or whether it would be seen as a local phone based on its physical location.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Dominarofaction. We want to ensure we are addressing the correct concerns. When using your Verizon Wireless service with TravelPass, you are still using your Verizon U.S. number. You are not assigned a temporary number. We would recommend your neighbor check on their charges with their local carrier. You can learn more about travel here, http://spr.ly/6601yxUfS. -Danielle

0 Likes