International Calling Plans - Beware!
JCR123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be very careful with the international calling plans. I went abroad for 1 month in June. I paid an additional $100 for an international calling plan on my line. I just paid a bill approaching $800 for data overage charges. Very, very misleading. I even called Verizon during my travel to make sure I wouldn't be accruing any additional charges. I spent close to an hour with multiple customer service reps this morning only to find out that nothing could be done.

I am very disappointed in Verizon. I have been a loyal customer for years, with multiple devices and a large bill paid every month. This morning, I started looking at other providers. The switching costs are high but I'm really disappointed in the company. If I can make the move in a fairly seamless fashion, I'm out. 

Sincerely,

Uber disappointed in Verizon Wireless! 

Labels (1)
Re: International Calling Plans - Beware!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am very sorry about the situation as we always want to ensure you have the right options for your needs. May I ask what country you were traveling in to see if alternative options would have been available for the amount of usage?  

-Yale

0 Likes
JCR123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we were in Montenegro. I think the answer is to not use Verizon or perhaps get an international card. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that you're always given accurate expectations. Specifically, which International Plan did you use? 

*Anna

0 Likes
JCR123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what it was called but the charge was $100 per month. 

0 Likes
SallyMark
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was billed for five days on our trip and I had the Verizon network toggled off for the entire 10 day trip. My husband had his Verizon ON, and we expected those charges, just not mine. I'm VERY disappointed. Customer service wouldn't help. 

It worked last year just fine. What changed?

0 Likes