International Charges
nikki8107

I have the Note 5 and I am overseas a lot. I use WiFi calling when I’m outside of the US.  My mobile data is turned off and my phone is set to WiFi calling only.  However I manage to receive international charges on my bill at times.  Can you tell me why and how to prevent it from happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nikki8107, we certainly want you to be able to enjoy using your Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note 5 when traveling outside the USA. We also want you to be able to avoid incurring unwanted global usage charges too. The key is ensuring that you've checked the device settings for your phone when using it outside the U.S. These steps will assist you:

•  Go to Settings > you may need to select More > Mobile Networks > Global Data Roaming Access or Data Roaming Access > then select Allow access for all trips. Data can be turned off by selecting Deny data roaming access.
•  Set Network Mode to Global.
•  Power the device off and then back on after any changes OR when entering a country/cruise ship.
•  To turn off ALL cellular network service, switch Airplane Mode ON in Settings. You can still use Wi-Fi with this option.

Please use Wi-Fi whenever available. When you're connected to Wi-Fi you won't incur any data usage because you aren't using the Verizon Wireless network.

I also recommend visiting our Trip Planner website to view our available International plan options when traveling abroad at: http://vz.to/2lY0kSH. I hope this information is helpful. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: International Charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nikki8107, we certainly want you to be able to enjoy using your Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note 5 when traveling outside the USA. We also want you to be able to avoid incurring unwanted global usage charges too. The key is ensuring that you've checked the device settings for your phone when using it outside the U.S. These steps will assist you:

•  Go to Settings > you may need to select More > Mobile Networks > Global Data Roaming Access or Data Roaming Access > then select Allow access for all trips. Data can be turned off by selecting Deny data roaming access.
•  Set Network Mode to Global.
•  Power the device off and then back on after any changes OR when entering a country/cruise ship.
•  To turn off ALL cellular network service, switch Airplane Mode ON in Settings. You can still use Wi-Fi with this option.

Please use Wi-Fi whenever available. When you're connected to Wi-Fi you won't incur any data usage because you aren't using the Verizon Wireless network.

I also recommend visiting our Trip Planner website to view our available International plan options when traveling abroad at: http://vz.to/2lY0kSH. I hope this information is helpful. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes