International Plan Charges
dineshverma

Hi, 

Has Verizon dropped their rates for International Plans? I signed up for International Plan last night, and instead of showing the usual rates ($70 for 0.5 Gb international roaming, $130 for 2 Gb International roaming), they showed up the rates of $14 and $26 repsectively. I signed up and took the screen shots of the confirmation, but a nagging doubt remains. I don't see any general announcement of reduction in the rates, and such a reduction is somewhat atypical of Verizon. I am wondering if other members in the community also see these rates (I can't see any rates now since I have a pending plan on my account), am wondering if this was some kind of special promotion, or a general reduction in the price that is to stay. Just want to check with the community since I don't want to be surprised by Verizon Billing at end of the billing period claiming that those rates are not the right ones. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Plan Charges
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly pro-rating for a partial month initially, and the full month NEXT billing cycle?

0 Likes
RG6

Dropped their rates? they have almost doubled their international plans for those of us who dont need a ton of data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dineshverma, I certainly want to ensure that you're able to avoid unexpected charges. You've come to the right place for assistance, and I will be glad to clarify about our international options. To obtain the most up to date information for our international features, you may use our International Trip Planner: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/ This resource will provide a curated list of international features and pricing specifically for your account. Let us know if this helps to clarify.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kellyann1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see it as well.  Screen shot:

2019-03-05 11_09_44-Verizon Wireless.png

What gives?? 

0 Likes
dybevick

I saw the same thing but with $26 price for 250 minutes. It displayed that same price all the way through to confirmation (I have screenshots) but when it showed up on my account it was $130.

Verizon: where do I email the screenshots? I'd sure like to get the advertised price.

0 Likes
MichaelTraveler

Any chance you can post your screen shots. I signed up like you, however I didn’t take the screen shots on 2 lines and now I’m concerned I don’t have what I need to argue his when my bill comes out. 

0 Likes
kldray

Same boat for me, saw $26 for 2GB data and 1000 texts.  I signed up but sadly didn't get any screen shots.  Went back on line 2 weeks later and now it's $130.  They've jacked up their rates dramatically,  made it so the only option is to get the $10 a day travel pass.  The basic plan with 500 MB of data and 250 texts was $40 but is now $70.  On phone right now to see if they can reduce the charge to $70.

0 Likes