International Travel Plan Rates on Website
bent199
Enthusiast - Level 2

My other half is traveling for 18 days to Argentina this week.

We have the Travel Pass ($10/dy) which worked well for us last year in Germany and Greece, because the days when we were catching trains, planes, and automobiles, and needed Google maps or DB train app, we used the daily Travel Pass.  Otherwise, we kept the phones in airplane mode with wifi on, and were still able to call/chat with WhatsAp and even phone calls over wifi.

However, she is going without me and we want her to be a little more connected.  So we went to the Verizon website, used the travel planner, saw the Monthly Travel Plan at $23.40/month for 250 min talk, 1,000 SMS sent, and 2 GB of data. Signed up.  But our account shows $130/month for that monthly travel plan.

Called Verizon today to get clarification... the Verizon rep said that was inaccurate (the $23.40 month) and shouldn't be on the website that the actual cost of the Monthly Travel Plan is $130/month.

Anyone else seen this on the website? What is the true cost? Did a screen capture this morning and below is what the web page looks like...

Thanks!

Monthly Travel Plan??

Labels (1)
Re: International Travel Plan Rates on Website
deloused
Master - Level 3

Wow that’s odd, I can only see the correct monthly travel plan options online (for $130)  where are you finding the other pricing info at?

05EC420F-0DEA-4C75-8C73-2184077429AF.png

F2DCFEC8-FF90-478A-A5F5-0B2433A9EB20.png

0 Likes
PosauneGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I'm noticing the same, too!  When I checked for international travel options on my account, I was given the exact same screen ($23.40/month).  My first reaction was that Verizon has finally come back down to earth and is charging a competitive international roaming cost.  I added it to my plan, but when I go to my International Plan overview to see that it's added, it says it's $130/month!  So how do I cancel??  (Or make sure Verizon honors that price?)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bent199, we appreciate your research into international travel features, and I apologize for any confusion that has arisen from the International Trip Planner. I will be glad to help provide clarification. As deloused has shared, our monthly bundles for Argentina are as follows:

$70/Month
Argentina

100 minutes
100 sent messages
Unlimited incoming messages
0.5 GB data allowance 

*Overages:
$25.00 per 0.5 GB
$0.35 per minute
$0.05 per message sent

$130/Month
Argentina

250 minutes
1000 sent messages
Unlimited incoming messages
2 GB data allowance 

*Overages:
$25.00 per 0.5 GB
$0.35 per minute
$0.05 per message sent

Let us know if this helps.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kellyann1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on the Verizon site right now (3/5/19) and I popped on here with the same question.  When logging on to choose a travel plan see pic below my choices.   I am thinking -  what am I missing?  The $15 plan would be the way to go.   Before I submitted, I figured I should research because I would wonder why anyone would choose to spend $80 (I will be there for 8 days) when the $15 one give me plenty of talk/text/data.   Anyone know what the actual deal is?2019-03-05 11_09_44-Verizon Wireless.png

bent199
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're ending up at the same pages that I did... Something isn't right with the website

0 Likes
PosauneGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow! I like your rates even better, kellyann1!!

0 Likes
PosauneGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ahh...well it was too good to be true.  Just talked to a Verizon rep on the phone and they said it was an IT issue that they're aware of.  Guess I'm going the local SIM route again!

bent199
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep that's what I thought also...

0 Likes
Dedef
Enthusiast - Level 1

i saw the same monthly plans as your screen shot below just yesterday and now it is gone. All i see is the $10 day or $130 per month. Thank you for posting as I know I was looking at it last night. It makes no sense to say it was in error