International Travel
KATCON30

I need to verify my account for my WhatsApp messenger and to do this I must receive a text message. I do not plan to use TravelPass or data, I just need to receive one text message. Is there any way to do this without paying for a full 24hours of TravelPass or another plan.

0 Likes
Re: International Travel
deloused
Master - Level 3

It would depend on where the phone is located when it receives the text message

0 Likes
Re: International Travel
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATCON30, we also want you to be able to receive the text message to your mobile device to verify your account information for the WhatsApp messenger option. I can certainly understand your concerns about incurring a service charge for using the TravelPass service to do so.

Please keep in mind that TravelPass doesn't work while you're inside the USA, as a result you would not incur a charge for its service. Additionally, when using TravelPass and traveling outside the USA (In TravelPass eligible countries), "Incoming texts" do NOT start a TravelPass session.

As a friendly reminder, if you are traveling outside of the USA and using TravelPass:

A 24 hour session is triggered by: Outgoing/Incoming call (The call must be answered.), Outgoing text, and data usage including background data/automatic updates. Does this provide clarity? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes