International hotspot?
SHACHE91

The $10 per day international plan sounds a good deal, can I use my Verizon cell phone as a hotspot for other device when I am outside of the US?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International hotspot?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHACHE91, help is here as I can assist in ensure you are set up for the best success for your usage while traveling. Yes, you can use Mobile Hotspot while traveling outside the US if you have a standard monthly account and a connection to our 4G LTE network. However, we recommend using Verizon Wi-Fi Connect, which lets you connect to international Verizon Wi-Fi hotspots around the world because using data while traveling outside the US can be expensive. Prepaid accounts can currently only use Mobile Hotspot within the US. Please click here to see the FAQ's on using Mobile Hotspot and let me know if you have any further questions as assistance here. http://spr.ly/6584DyECQ

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHACHE91, help is here as I can assist in ensure you are set up for the best success for your usage while traveling. Yes, you can use Mobile Hotspot while traveling outside the US if you have a standard monthly account and a connection to our 4G LTE network. However, we recommend using Verizon Wi-Fi Connect, which lets you connect to international Verizon Wi-Fi hotspots around the world because using data while traveling outside the US can be expensive. Prepaid accounts can currently only use Mobile Hotspot within the US. Please click here to see the FAQ's on using Mobile Hotspot and let me know if you have any further questions as assistance here. http://spr.ly/6584DyECQ

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mike_Braz

I bought the plan last September I went on a cruise to the Bahamas and all you could do is call....no kind of internet at all or texting...a ripoff..!!!!

save your $10/day 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike_Braz, unfortunately when you are on a cruise ship, you only have access to the ship's Wi-Fi. If you tried to use the Travel Pass, then you weren't charged at all because it won't work on any cruise ships.

- StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes