Is TravelPass activated if I only use wifi abroad (not data)?
jcstella

I'm considering getting TravelPass services on my phone for an upcoming international trip. If some days I only use my smart phone on wifi to surf the web or for talk using What'sApp or Skype, but do not use phone, text, or the data plan, will I be charged for that day's TravelPass?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is TravelPass activated if I only use wifi abroad (not data)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great questions. Our travel pass service is a great way to enjoy the services you love while out of the country. To clarify, if you have the travel pass service you would be charged for the day one the phone received any text or indication of phone usage. If you were looking to use the phone for WiFi only options you would have to place the device in Airplane mode as well as turning off cellular data.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Re: Is TravelPass activated if I only use wifi abroad (not data)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great questions. Our travel pass service is a great way to enjoy the services you love while out of the country. To clarify, if you have the travel pass service you would be charged for the day one the phone received any text or indication of phone usage. If you were looking to use the phone for WiFi only options you would have to place the device in Airplane mode as well as turning off cellular data.

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!