Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Is my Pixel2 unlocked?
kukockuo

I have a Google Pixel 2 from Verizon.

I plan to travel to some European countries and buy local sim card to use data.

Do I need to "unlock" my Pixel 2 before using sim card from other country/carrier?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is my Pixel2 unlocked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kukockuo, our devices are unlocked as soon as you activate them on our network. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kukockuo, our devices are unlocked as soon as you activate them on our network. 

0 Likes
Momma2Four5
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is Not True!  I purchased a Google Pixel 2XL from Verizon.  I had it over a year and payed it off.  I tried to switch to another carrier.  Verizon Chat Reps. confirmed this phone was unlocked but after weeks of working with tech support through the other carrier the phone still won't work with a SIM from another carrier.  I called Google Pixel 2 Tech Support.  They are telling me the problem is that my Pixel came from Verizon and is LOCKED TO VERIZON! Even though it was activated with Verizon, was on Verizon's network over a year and paid off in full.  Verizon claims they unlocked it. Google is telling me it's not working with other carriers because it is still Verizon locked because it was initially purchased through Verizon.