Is the Moto Z Force a World Phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the Moto Z Force a World Phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. A quick look at the radio frequencies it supports can tell you that. You still need to check with the local carrier in the area you plan on visiting to determine if the phone supports all the local frequencies.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. A quick look at the radio frequencies it supports can tell you that. You still need to check with the local carrier in the area you plan on visiting to determine if the phone supports all the local frequencies.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, I have used mine in Germany, France, Hong Kong, and Malaysia.   Works well.

0 Likes
stevehursh

Thank you. That answers my question. Some phones on the Verizon web site explicitly say “World Phone” and other do not, even though they seem to have the same network types and frequencies. It was just confusing. This clears it up for me, so thank you.

Steve

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

No problem.   My job has me overseas frequently.  The Z Force was my replacement for my Note 7...   I don't think Moto sells in Asia anymore, everyone seemed to want to check out my phone... Including the security people at Penang International.  

I like the Mods, I have the Incipio Battery, which comes in handy during a long day of travel, and I have the Hassleblad camera Mod.  It was nice to be able to take some photos without living around my Nikon dSLR.  

Overall, i do wish the Moto Mods were a little more powerful.  The Z Force camera is 21 mpix where as the Hassleblad is only 12mpix.  The optics on the Hassleblad make it worth buying though.  I hear more Mods are coming, I do hope to see more.

Overall it's a great robust phone and there are some Note specific features I miss, but the phone is powerful, stable, and a worthy alternative.  It's also as close to pure Android you can get without going Nexus.

Plus, it updated to Android 7 Nougat today.

0 Likes