Military Reconnect Suspended Line While Overseas
ClassicRoast
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am currently deployed to Djibouti from the US, and as soon as I arrived I went ahead and suspended the service on my line. However, thanks to 2-factor authentication, I need access to my SMS temporarily so that I can access a very important account of mine. I logged in and reconnected my line on the Verizon website, which said it would take up to an hour.

It has now been 5 hours and my service hasn't resumed. I'm worried this is because I am overseas and not within a US service area. Is there an additional step I need to do to ensure that I can send/receive text messages while overseas? I understand that I will probably incur additional charges since this is international, but I don't mind paying so long as I can re-suspend my account afterwards...

I am posting this here because the Verizon support chat doesn't seem to work with my VPN connection and I also can't login to the Verizon app on my phone without access to my own phone number for 2-factor authentication. I'm at a loss here...

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Military Reconnect Suspended Line While Overseas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your service. Verizon Wireless is committed to help and provide you with the best option while you are deployed. To better assist you, we will send you a Private Note. Please respond as soon as possible.

0 Likes