Monthy International Plan Start and End Dates
mbaehre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm interested in using the Monthly International Travel Pricing plan ($40/month) next month while on a 10 day vacation to Italy but Verizon's monthly billing cycle ends part-way through the vacation.  Does that mean I must purchase 2 months of service - or can I activate the plan just before leaving the United States so that all ten days are covered by a single month of service?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Monthy International Plan Start and End Dates
mbaehre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I talked to a Verizon Rep online and he said the International plan starts on the day you activate it and is good for 30 days (for $40) - regardless of the billing period.  You can also indicate that you only want the service for 1 month so you don't have to go back and notify them to end the service after the 1st 30 days.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will probably need to have the international plan on your account for two billing cycle in order to avoid any prorating of the plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mbaehre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I talked to a Verizon Rep online and he said the International plan starts on the day you activate it and is good for 30 days (for $40) - regardless of the billing period.  You can also indicate that you only want the service for 1 month so you don't have to go back and notify them to end the service after the 1st 30 days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mbaehre,

Keeping you covered while you travel is a big deal. I hope you're having a great time. I'd like to clarify a few things about the plan. It is 30 days for $40.00 but the plan does still depend on your bill cycle. If you have it on for 30 days you will pay $40.00 but if those 30 days span two bill cycles, the cost and data will be pro rated on each cycle. The total cost and total allowance will be that full amount but the proration will give you a partial allowance in each period.

As far as the plan being removed automatically, by default it actually stays on until you tell us to remove it. If you speak to an agent they can future date the removal for you at the same time we set things up but it is important to make sure that is done.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DirkGently

Hi,

Is the answer below still valid? If I sign up for the monthly International Plan, do I get a full 30 days for $70?

thanks,

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@DirkGently wrote:

Hi,

Is the answer below still valid? If I sign up for the monthly International Plan, do I get a full 30 days for $70?

thanks,

Yes.  Count carefully, it includes day of activation. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DirkGently, being on top of your international service is vital, especially to avoid any technical or financial surprises, we want to clear things out. What country are you visiting? When are you leaving and for how long? Which services do you plan to use and who will go with you?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes