Multiple devices
Raven15

Can I use my iPhone and iPad (both on same account and share data) if I sign up for the International Plan?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multiple devices
rcschnoor
Legend

I believe the International plans are per line. If you sign up for the daily TravelPass for EACH of your devices then you should be able to use your shared plan data. Of course that would have a cost of $10/day/device associated with it for a total of $20/day for 2 devices.

If you only wanted to sign up one of the devices(i.e. your phone), you could use your phone's hotspot to provide wifi data to your iPad. Just make sure to put the iPad into airplane mode and then turn back on wifi so as to make sure you are ONLY using wifi data on the iPad. Then you would need to sign into the hotspot on your phone from your iPad. Make sure you secure your hotspot with a password so that others would not be using your data allowance. This way, you would only have a charge of $10/day for TravelPass.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly want you to be able to stay connected during your trip, Raven15. The answer to your question will vary depending on a few factors. What model iPhone and iPad do you have? What country are you traveling to? You can also log into www.vzw.com/tripplanner to see exactly what to expect for a trip with any lines on your account.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I believe the International plans are per line. If you sign up for the daily TravelPass for EACH of your devices then you should be able to use your shared plan data. Of course that would have a cost of $10/day/device associated with it for a total of $20/day for 2 devices.

If you only wanted to sign up one of the devices(i.e. your phone), you could use your phone's hotspot to provide wifi data to your iPad. Just make sure to put the iPad into airplane mode and then turn back on wifi so as to make sure you are ONLY using wifi data on the iPad. Then you would need to sign into the hotspot on your phone from your iPad. Make sure you secure your hotspot with a password so that others would not be using your data allowance. This way, you would only have a charge of $10/day for TravelPass.

0 Likes