Not receiving text during travel - VZ Prepaid
rumbo

I have Verizon pre-paid service and I am not able to receive texts while traveling internationally. I have checked messages for messages sent to me using the Message application on my phone, and via My Messaging application on My Verizon. I am able to send texts, but cannot receive any. Does Verizon pre-paid service not support sending/receiving texts via wi-fi while on international travel? I am currently in Austria, but encountered the same problem in Egypt and Lebanon.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text during travel - VZ Prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rumbo,

We certainly hope that you are enjoying your time while in Austria. We definitely want to make sure you can keep in touch while out of the country so we do want to get you the support you need. At this time we do not have access to Prepaid accounts to determine if you are able to utilize this service while out of the country as it is based on your plan type. We would recommend reaching out to our International Support Team by dialing plus sign and then 1 then 908-559-4899 or dial 00 800-50050099 if calling from a landline for assistance with this matter.

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rumbo

Not helpful at all. And unable to reach any live person at VZ to answer this simple questions. Even "live chat" has been unavailable for several days. Going through the phone maze, there is no option to reach a live person to discuss this issue. Instead, after running out of options, the auto system just hangs up. No "press zero to reach a CR rep".  I must say their customer service is very bad. I never needed to discuss an issue before since the service has mostly been very good. The one time I need some help, I am unable to reach anyone. This alone prompts me to look into other service providers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rumbo, I am sorry to hear you have been having messaging issues while traveling. I know how important being able to use your device while being so far away is to you. Since we don't support prepaid accounts I would recommend trying to reach out to them again by dialing plus sign and then 1 then 908-559-4899 or dial 00 800-50050099 if calling from a landline for assistance with this matter.

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes