Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
On a cruise
Maz458

Ok, so I just found out that phone calls are $2.99 per minute and texts are $0.50 to send and $0.05 to receive after paying for travel pass from Verizon and voom from the ship. That’s nuts!! My question is, do you get charged extra for Facebook messenger and/or emails when communicating on board or to the shore?

0 Likes
Re: On a cruise
bearone21
Leader

because you're using their wi-fi!!

0 Likes
Maz458

I’m paid to use the cruises Wi-Fi and I paid $10 per day to have to have international travel pass on my phone. Why should I have to pay more? My question was does Facebook messenger and emails cost extra to send? Can a Verizon support  person answer this question?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Wishing you safe travels, Maz458. We'd like to ensure you know all rates while traveling. TravelPass will cover you for $10.00 a day while off of the cruise ship. TravelPass is not available on the cruise ship. Pay as you go rates will bill on the ship for calls at $2.99 per call and $0.50 to send a text and $0.05 to receive. Data through Verizon is not available on the ship. If you have signed up for the ships Wi-Fi, using any data services such as Facebook Messenger and Emails will use the ship data. You can learn more about international rates here, http://spr.ly/6609EsQMP.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Next time, review the terms of Travel Pass and the international rates before you go on a cruise. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

@Maz458 wrote:

I’m paid to use the cruises Wi-Fi and I paid $10 per day to have to have international travel pass on my phone. Why should I have to pay more? My question was does Facebook messenger and emails cost extra to send? Can a Verizon support  person answer this question?

Data is data. You don't need Verizon support to tell you the obvious.

0 Likes