Phone compatibility for international travel
Traveler678

I just purchased an iPhone SE (3rd generation).  When I go to my Verizon account and launch the Trip Planner, it tells me: "Unable to verify compatibility.  We are unable to guarantee compatibility for this device with networks outside the U.S."  When I go to the next step, it allows me to choose an international plan (a choice of Travel Pass, International Travel Plan, or Pay As You Go).  I'm confused.  Will my phone work for travel outside the U.S.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone compatibility for international travel
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Traveler678

It's great to know that you're planning ahead for a trip! As for your question though, the phone you have cannot be guaranteed to work outside of the U.S. - just like the message says. This means you may be in an area where the phone just isn't able to read another network, but that's based on the phone itself and what it was created for. You can still add an international plan to your account, as that handles the usage/charges of your international visit, but the plan does not make a phone compatible. We would be more than happy to double check the phone though. Please send us a Private Note so we can get a better look at it.

-Russell

0 Likes
Traveler678

Thank you.  How do I send a private note?

0 Likes
Traveler678

Ah, I see how to do it.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! Simply click on our profile, and you should see the option to send us a message. 

*Alfredo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect! We look forward to hearing from you soon!

*Alfredo

0 Likes
tsegura

Was this issue resolved? If so, what was the resolution?

I am having the same issue with a device purchased about 8 months ago and am getting the run around with Verizon Support. I am able to set my phone up with Travel Pass, but during the device selection process, there was an "Unable to verify compatibility" note under my device. There was no such a note under the other 3 devices on my account. My phone is the newest of the 4. As this is the phone that I will be using during my travel, it needs to work and should work, but cannot get Verizon Support to look deep enough into it to explain why my phone has this note. They just keep saying that it should work and that if it doesn't I could use WiFi calling. Of course, that is only useful if I have WiFi access. Also I tend to stay off public WiFi networks so that is really a terrible solution.

0 Likes