Setting up travelpass in advance then verifying it is set up - Ugh!
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I set up TravelPass online to start the date I will actually be in that country. This insures I will not have any problems before that date. Then I read in the forum about seeing TravelPass on My Verizon app. So I checked it out. It doesn't show up! So I went back online, and it doesn't show up! So I used the chat and the agent verified it was set up for the right date but apparently is not visable to me. Why would Verizon do that?

The whole I dea of My Verizon and logging in to Verizon is to be able to perform actions and/or see what is set up.

The wasteful need to call or chat when those wonderful alternatives exist and one doesn't need to take up the (obviously limited based on wait time) reseources doesn't make sense unless one understands corporate intelligence.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Setting up travelpass in advance then verifying it is set up - Ugh!
rcschnoor
Legend

You should have set it up to start at least a couple of days prior to your departure. Then you would have been able to see that it was on your account before leaving.  The only case you would have had problems would be if you live very close to either Canada or Mexico and occasionally connect to towers in those countries, and then only if you were on a plan which does not include usage in those countries. Otherwise, you would not have any charges for Travelpass prior to travelling.

0 Likes
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

You miss the whole point. What's the use of setting it up ahead of time if there is no way to verify it (other than by call or chat) prior to the date it is set up for? So let's say I do set it up now for a trip next month and set it up so it starts a few days before I travel.There is still NO WAY to online verify it until those few days before travel. Not a solution. Nor should a customer have to get around a poorly designed system when a company providesme with both internet access AND an app to view and change my account settings.

Remember, not only can I not see when it is set up for, I can't even verify that it is indeed set up at all!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@honest_abe wrote:

You miss the whole point. What's the use of setting it up ahead of time if there is no way to verify it (other than by call or chat) prior to the date it is set up for? So let's say I do set it up now for a trip next month and set it up so it starts a few days before I travel.There is still NO WAY to online verify it until those few days before travel. Not a solution. Nor should a customer have to get around a poorly designed system when a company providesme with both internet access AND an app to view and change my account settings.

Remember, not only can I not see when it is set up for, I can't even verify that it is indeed set up at all!

I'm not missing the point. I just don't see the point procrastinating having it on my account until the last minute. My daughter took a trip to Iceland in June for which I set up TravelPass on her line in March. I was able to see it was active on her account more than a month in advance of her trip. I had no TravelPass charges on my account until her trip took place and I have had no TravelPass charges on my account since her trip ended over 3 months ago.

Simply because a system does not work as you would like does not make it "poorly designed".

Activate it NOW on your account and you CAN INDEED verify it is set up.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

There is NO monthly charge for TravelPass, so why wouldn't you have it on your account ahead of time, instead of waiting until the last minute to activate it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may not see any point but I do and it is not an unreasonable request that there be a way to verify it, not only for my benefit but for Verizon's. I had to wait 10 minutes for the agent to first come to the chat window. I would think that itwould be in Verizon's benefit to minimize the need to have to use chat or phone to see something set up by a user on their site. BTW, there was also no emal or text confirmation which also would have sufficed.

0 Likes
honest_abe
Enthusiast - Level 3

As to why I choose to not do it the way some members would choose to do it, remember Verizon chose to have this feature ,not me, and they did not do it just for me either. I have my reasons but that is not a matter of public discussion. I know I don't have to do it that way and can do it the way you might. I read the Verizon web page when setting it up. So let's keep the topic related to Verizon not providing a verification ability which, in my mind, reduces my ability to see what I have done and makes for extra work for Verizon support team whenthey are apparently overbusy as it is.

I, of course, appreciate anyone pointing out alternative ways of setting up Travelpass and any suggestions asto why others consider it more beneficial but I chose to use this VERIZON FEATURE for my own reasons after reading about the alternatives which I hve used in the past. But please confine comments to my complaint about what happens (or more accurately, what doesn't happen) when one uses a VERIZON FEATURE and why I think it is bad for customers AND FOR VERIZON.

In fact the chat person thought it very reasonable what I asked for. He admitted it was not good for anyone to have to call or chat for that info.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Where were you looking in the all? 
I see it in data hub international. 

I leave it there all the time.  There is no charge ready to go.   If there is a international connection I'd much rather deal with a $10 charge to argue about than a potentially limitless charge some people see when having no plan for international.  It also makes sense to plan ahead and not at the last minute.  Especially when there is no down side.  Peoples just trying to give advice, keep it cool.