Sim card
RENEECW17

Am I able to swap out the sim card in my IPhone 6 while traveling overseas to Australia?

0 Likes
Re: Sim card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your prepared for international travel is important. We're here to assist. Is your iPhone 6 a Verizon device? What type of sim card are you swapping the into the device? 

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jwalton15

Hi I alsobhave he same question, as I will be going to Israel for 2 weeks, my device is a 6s too and is a Verizon device, I wanted to swap it for a prepaid SIM card in israel is that possible or get a temporary unlock?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it is on a postpaid account, the iPhone 6s is already SIM unlocked from the factory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jwalton15-

How exciting that you will be traveling internationally! I definitely want to ensure that you are set up for success. Your device is definitely unlocked and ready for global use. Keep in mind that since the phone was made for Verizon, there is a possibility a foreign SIM card may not work with your device. Have you been able to check out the international plans we provide: http://vz.to/1OIU8Wz

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jwalton15

I’ve checked the plans but it’s cheaper for me to get a SIM card there, how can I know if it will work or not?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that all of your questions get answered because this sounds like an amazing trip. We have no control over 3rd party sims. I am not sure what reassurance I can give you there. I would suggest reaching out to us on social media: Facebook/Twitter so we can pull up your account and look at some options for you. Does that make sense?

0 Likes