St Croix "domestic" coverage
Jrehbergt

I was told before I left that I had domestic coverage in ST Croix USVI. However, now here I have nothing unless roaming.  As this is my work phone I don't want to get hit with charges, which is why I asked. Should I be roaming? Will there be added cost? If so I'm very unhappy since I did everything I could to confirm before I left. Now I only have some data and iMessaging via spotty wi fi. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: St Croix "domestic" coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you don't get charged extra, Jrehbergt. The U.S. Virgin Islands, like Puerto Rico have what is called Domestic usage. While you are indeed roaming, if you are connected to a tower on the U.S. side, you should not see any charges. Let us know if there are any other questions or concerns you may have.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you don't get charged extra, Jrehbergt. The U.S. Virgin Islands, like Puerto Rico have what is called Domestic usage. While you are indeed roaming, if you are connected to a tower on the U.S. side, you should not see any charges. Let us know if there are any other questions or concerns you may have.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

BOKIE440

Can you confirm that roaming charges do not get charged for st croix calls? There are two discussions on the topic and emacy answer is contradicting the other. My hubby is going to use it for work so we will potentially be on the phone a lot and it's important we know if it's covered or not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a wonderful question! St. Croix would be covered as domestic while traveling.

HarleyE_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Spence100

Hi all.

My son will be working in St. Croix in August and maybe longer. Can anyone give me updated information on using his Verizon cell service while he's there. The previous posts are a few years old and things may have changed...

Appreciate any info.

0 Likes