St John's USVI triggering international plan daily charge
kgocean

The forum says there should be no extra charges for using your phone in St. John's USVI, but our phones kept activating the international plan during our recent visit.  How do we get this corrected?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: St John's USVI triggering international plan daily charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes unexpected charges, kgocean! We have sent you a Private Note to best assist. -Nikki

0 Likes
bbell1310

Hello,

I need the answer to this question also. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbell1310, we do want to make sure that you can get the service you need and charges apply when needed only. Can you please confirm if you get the same triggers when you power off and on the phone and turn off and on roaming?

*Jose

0 Likes
Prizm
Enthusiast - Level 2

About to head to St. John in a couple of weeks. I was told Verizon in USVI is covered under unlimited plans. Is that not what's happening on the ground?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to keep you connected to your loved ones, especially while traveling. Please end us a Private Note, so we can take a closer look to your options.

~Maria

0 Likes
rykybr

We will be traveling to St. John next week for 7 days.  I do not want any unexpected charges.  What are my options?

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rykbr.  This sounds like quite an exciting trip indeed! I know it's important to understand your options for using service and features such as the mobile hotspot to further enjoy your trip. I want to include our International Trip Planner for your review. 

You can even enter the cruise ship line and your device type for more specific details surrounding the rates for calls, texts, and data use options: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/?lid=sayt&sayt=international trip planner*#/tripPlanner 

-Tanisha

0 Likes