Swapping Unlimited Plan SIM card for International Travel
Green_Sub
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Verizon “Do More Unlimited” plan and an iPhone 11.

My whole life is on that iPhone 11 and I’m concerned about it being cloned at boarder entry points, etc. when traveling overseas.

Can I freely transfer my SIM card to another compatible 4G LTE phone with less of my personal data without notifying Verizon?

Will I still have access to my 15GB of Hotspot data when my SIM is still in my travel phone, provided I’m in a country that this is available by my plan, I.e. U.S.A. / Canada / Mexico?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swapping Unlimited Plan SIM card for International Travel
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can move the SIM card between phones at anytime. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can move the SIM card between phones at anytime. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Green_Sub, as a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. You can certainly transfer your SIM Card to another compatible 4G LTE phone. However, we recommend doing so before leaving the US, and we can assist you in completing this process by contacting our Customer Service representatives. Did we explain this OK? Noting that you're subscribing to the Do More Unlimited Plan, you'd still have access to your plan's 15GB of Mobile Hotspot data while traveling through TravelPass eligible countries (e.g., Canada, Mexico) Please note International data reduced to 2G speeds after 0.5 GB/day. If more than 50% of your talk, text, or data usage in 60 days is in Canada or Mexico, the use of services in those countries may be removed or limited.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes