Travel Pass essentially useless
jswynd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Travelled to Germany and Sardinia in October. Verizon services essentially useless. Calls dropped or not connected on my end. Everything going to voicemail, but not available for half a day. Spent half my time trying to register manually on my device with local carrier's to no avail. Calls every other day to global tech support.

Be warned! Verizon will throttle back your data usage to less than 2g speeds if you use more than 500 mb in a 24 hr period!

I could not use my phone reliably abroad, and when I contacted customer service upon my return, they promised to remove the travel pass charges.

I just got my bill, and there they are, still charged to last months bill.

After over 20 years, I'm done.

Looking for another carrier.

0 Likes
Re: Travel Pass essentially useless
rcschnoor
Legend

jswynd12 wrote:

Be warned! Verizon will throttle back your data usage to less than 2g speeds if you use more than 500 mb in a 24 hr period!

You mean like you are warned in the FAQ for TravelPass???

Untitled-1.jpg

Just like you, most people are not likely to look into the details of TravelPass before actually trying to use it and then complain it doesn't work as they expected it to.

I have been warning people for quite some time that Verizon's international services/rates are not very good. I, however, checked out options before needing them and chose to switch my service to Project Fi for the 6 months I would be needing service internationally in 2016. I saved well over $1000 for the period I was using Project Fi, and that INCLUDED purchasing a new phone in order to use the service.

Unfortunately, most do not listen to or heed warnings. It is likely your warning will be ignored, too.