Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travel Pass
MatthewR

My wife and I visited Iceland for 10 days in early July of 2022. We were excited to have travel pass but committed to only using it sparingly since our accommodations had wifi access. We both turned cellular data OFF and roaming OFF. However, even with both settings off we would still get charged for connecting to wifi and receiving texts messages or calls. We intentionally engaged travel pass a handful of times (5-6 total) but received a bill for 16 charges, totally 160 dollars. I called customer service and they were no help. I am so confused on how we engaged cellular connection with cellular literally turned off.. 

0 Likes
Re: Travel Pass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand how important it is for you to know how your services work. TravelPass is initiated whenever you use data, make/receive a phone call or send/receive a text message. Even if you're connected to Wi-Fi any call not done strictly over Wi-Fi Calling, and any sms sent or received is done over the cellular network. To completely stop any services on the device you will need to enable Airplane Mode. 

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
MatthewR

Ellisandra, thank you for your reply. I wish it had been made clear to me (and the numerous other customers on similar threads with this same issue) that the only way to not be charged is to be in airplane mode. I have been a customer of Verizon for 15+ years and I have come to expect excellent service from this organization - being charged over double my expectation due to omission of key details is certainly not meeting that standard. Who can I speak with about getting these charges removed from my bill? I am afraid at this point that is the only thing that can make this right.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be happy to go over the charges with you and review your billing options. We will send a Private Note shortly to continue.

BriannaL_VZW

0 Likes