Travel Plan Details
JEFKIE60

I'm going to Italy for 11 days.  If I sign up with Travel Pass, can I avoid the $10 per day charge if I only text, check e-mails and use data while in Airplane Mode and use the hotel's Wi-Fi?

Also, I may need to use my phone for GPS on a few days.  I assume this would trigger the $10 daily fee for Travel Pass.

Please advise my best options to keep cost down while in Italy.  I'm not a heavy user and would hate to pay $10 a day if I only send 1 or 2 texts per day.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Travel Plan Details
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

JEFKIE60,

A trip to Italy sounds amazing! As a fellow traveler and consumer, I understand the importance of keeping costs down while you'll be away. Let's find you the best option, so you can enjoy your time in Italy. If you'll be connecting to Wi-Fi and have your phone on airplane mode, this will not trigger the TravelPass charge. You are only charged when you use your service when you're not connected to Wi-Fi. The following FAQ link will provide you with more information TravelPass FAQs | Verizon Wireless  Does this help?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes