Travel pass charges between multiple countries
PAVZOL58
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

I am about to make a connection in Canada during my travel to South Korea. I have added a travel pass to my account. As I understand once it is activated it will be ON for a 24hr period. The price for Canada is $5 and for South Korea is $10. Will I be charged $10 in total or $15?

Thanks for you input,

Pavlo

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Travel pass charges between multiple countries
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAVZOL58 -

Canada and South Korea sounds like a great trip! Travel Pass does work in 24-hour increments so while in Canada, you will be charged $5.00 for the plan for every 24-hours that it's used.

If you arrive in South Korea in the middle of your 24-hour period, you are not charged again and the 24-hours does not start over. You will not be charged again until your 24-hours has expired.

To put this in an example for you: If the $5.00 Travel is activated at 3PM on a Monday, it will expire at 3PM on Tuesday/Canadian time, even if you are in South Korea.  At that point, a new Travel Pass session will activate once you use the phone in South Korea, and you would be charged the adjusted price of $10.00 for that day.

You can learn more here: http://vz.to/2oVM5wq.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Re: Travel pass charges between multiple countries
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAVZOL58 -

Canada and South Korea sounds like a great trip! Travel Pass does work in 24-hour increments so while in Canada, you will be charged $5.00 for the plan for every 24-hours that it's used.

If you arrive in South Korea in the middle of your 24-hour period, you are not charged again and the 24-hours does not start over. You will not be charged again until your 24-hours has expired.

To put this in an example for you: If the $5.00 Travel is activated at 3PM on a Monday, it will expire at 3PM on Tuesday/Canadian time, even if you are in South Korea.  At that point, a new Travel Pass session will activate once you use the phone in South Korea, and you would be charged the adjusted price of $10.00 for that day.

You can learn more here: http://vz.to/2oVM5wq.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!