Travel pass- getting charged and not even out of the country unable to turn it off
Kathy06

I am being charge $5 a day when I am about 15 miles south of the Canadian border.  Now trying to turn off travel pass on “manage my account” and it says- sorry no can do, try again later.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Travel pass- getting charged and not even out of the country unable to turn it off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kathy06, allow us to apologize if you have come across any kind of issue with your account. Just to double check, is this happening when you try to remove the TravelPass feature in your My Verizon application or through our website?

-Christine

0 Likes
Re: Travel pass- getting charged and not even out of the country unable to turn it off
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Kathy06 wrote:

I am being charge $5 a day when I am about 15 miles south of the Canadian border.  Now trying to turn off travel pass on “manage my account” and it says- sorry no can do, try again later.  Help!

Unfortunately, when there is no Verizon cell service in areas near the Canadian border, phones with Roaming turned on will get service from Canadian towers.  I had that issue when visiting family in northern Vermont. I had to turn Roaming off and place my phone in Airplane mode when driving near the border so I wouldn't get the TravelPass charge activated, unless I needed it.  I had no issues removing/deactivating TravelPass when I wanted to.  When I moved permanently to the area, I changed my plan to one that included Canada and no longer have the issue/inconvenience.

What was the actual error message, as 'no can do' doesn't sound like an official message?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes