Travel pass question
jilliangran

When someone calls me on my cell while I'm overseas, does that activate my travel pass daily charge if I answer the call? What about if I don't answer the call?

0 Likes
Re: Travel pass question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected while traveling jilliangran. When you arrive in a TravelPass country and turn on your device, you'll receive an international welcome text message. Your 24-hour access to TravelPass won't begin until you make or receive a phone call, send a text or use data. If you don't answer the call, it won't be triggered. Please see number 3 on this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/travelpass-faqs/ I hope you have a great trip.

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Travel pass question
rcschnoor
Legend

jilliangran wrote:

When someone calls me on my cell while I'm overseas, does that activate my travel pass daily charge if I answer the call? What about if I don't answer the call?

Yes, it will activate you travel pass daily charge if you answer the call.

Keep in mind if your phone is in a state in which it will ring when you get a call, it is likely your travel pass daily charge has already been activated. This is because when a phone IS NOT in airplane mode, it can be using data in the background even though you are not actively using the device. Your phone using data in the background would have activated the travel pass daily charge already regardless if you answer the call or not. If your phone IS in airplane mode, it will not ring when a call is made to your number and it would not have been using data in the background.

If you want to keep the travel pass daily charge from activating, you need to keep your phone in airplane mode or turned off. Once you turn on your phone and it is not in airplane mode, it is likely the travel pass daily charge would activate soon afterwards.

0 Likes