Travel to Canada
Kris34

I can't seem to get a straight answer on whether I need to buy a daily travel pass to use my phone in Canada (from US).  Anyone familiar with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Travel to Canada
Weth
Legend

What is the exact name of the plan you are on?  Some plans have Canada included others not.  

There is no harm adding the travel pass and leaving it there.  If your plan includes Canada, you won't get a travel plan charge. If your plans doesn't include Canada, you will be charged $5 per day, but protected from much higher potential charges.  

i keep travel pass active on all my lines all the time.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You don't 'buy a daily travel pass'.  If your plan, as stated, doesn't include an international plan that covers Canada, then you can add the TravelPass option to your line at no monthly charge.  Then when in Canada (or hitting Canadian towers near the border), a text, phone call or cell data request (incoming or outgoing) will trigger a 24 hour TravelPass session and you will be billed $5 one time and your normal plan rates instead of international rates for any usage during that 24 hour period.  At the end of that 24 hour session, another text, phone call or cell data request will trigger another TravelPass session and similar charges.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kris34, most of our unlimited calling plans come automatically with Free calls to/from Canada/Mexico, so the answer depends on what calling plan you have. You should also verify with us, before you leave our network/USA, that your line has been provisioned with Wi-Fi Calling and International Capabilities.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes