TravelPass Not working
harinara
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I have activated my travelpass on multiple overseas trips (Mexico, India) but neither I get a confirmation text message that it is activated nor does it actually work. I use a iPhone 8 and have rummaged through all the settings. I can't figure out for the life of me, why I don't get text messages? My overseas bank sends me OTP in a text message and I can't seem to access that which means I am blocked from accessing the bank account.

Regards

Hari

Labels (1)
Re: TravelPass Not working
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What plan does your iPhone 8 line have?  And, you've verified that the TravelPass option is on that line?  When you expect TravelPass to be activated during a trip, do you have Roaming turned on or off?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to stay in touch while traveling abroad. We are here to help. You want to make sure that your roaming is enabled, and your International CDMA is turned off. If this does not work, please try Resetting your Network Settings. Steps in link provided:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

Let us know if this resolves the issue. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
harinara
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the THE NEW VERIZON PLAN MED 4GB and yes, I did verify that the Travel Pass is on that line. I have checked the roaming option and still it did not work. I was there for 15 days and I activated it on Day 2 and it never worked the entire time.

In fact it is the 2nd time happening to me on an international trip.

harinara
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, this did not resolve the issue.

cbiancheria

I also cannot make any calls from my iPhone in India with my Travel Pass.  I tried to tap the link, and it takes me to Verizon to sign in.  That offers me a text message with a code, but I do not receive the text message.  I receive incoming texts generally and can use What's App, but I cannot make a call go through locally or internationally to the U.S.  I've dialed it normally (1 plus area code) and I've tried with 001 before all of that.  Any help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, cbiancheria. We know how important having working service is when traveling overseas. We are going to send you a Private Note, to assist you further with this issue. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
NicDunn310
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter is currently in Dublin Ireland and her travel pass is not working.  She shuts her phone off, turns it back on, it works for 15 minutes then gets a message she has no service.  Phone will work in wifi.  Her settings are all the same as her three friends who are traveling with her, and their phones all work fine.  I called Verizon yesterday - they fixed an international setting, and it started to work.  Today, she received a text message that the travel pass was activated for the day, but then it want back to not working again.  I called Verizon today and they say it should be working.  Can anyone help with what the issue could be???  She leaves for Paris tomorrow morning and ends her trip in Florence, Italy.  I do not want to pay the daily charge if her phone is going to continue to not work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As valued customers, your family's service and device concerns are our concerns too. Noting that you've contacted our Customer Service Team for assistance in this matter, rest assured we'll do everything we can to help you both.

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.http://spr.ly/6607zXgtW

-Robert C.

0 Likes