TravelPass Questions
impaler80s2

Hello community.  I have the Above Unlimited Plan for my iPhone, and have unlimited plans for a iPad mini and Apple Watch Series 4 with cellular.  I have researched the TravelPass site and have a couple questions:

- If I travel internationally in more than one country in a single day, and I use my phone in more than one country, do I incur two instances of my 5 included TravelPasses in a single day?  For instance, if I am travelling to the UK, and stop in Germany first, and I visit both Germany and the UK in one single day, will I only use one TravelPass?

- What about my iPad and Watch?  If I use the cellular plans on the iPad and watch internationally, what happens?  Am I charged? 

- If I am on WiFi, and use WiFi calling, does that count for received phone calls?

- To be able to use my phone, but not use data, if I turn off data roaming and cellular data entirely, am I protected from using up a TravelPass?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: TravelPass Questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help you stay connected while on this amazing trip, impaler80s2! I can certainly discuss the details regarding TravelPass. When traveling to multiple countries in one day there will only be one session used or one $10.00 charge applied. The tablet can also benefit from the 5 sessions or pay $10.00 per session separately.  I apologize as the Apple Watch is not compatible with TravelPass or international roaming. While on Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi Calling activated via Settings>Cellular, a made or received call will not start a TravelPass session or cause extra charges. If you turn off data roaming or cellular data completely, a TravelPass session will not start due to data use but will start if you complete a call off of Wi-Fi or send an SMS text. Also visit http://www.vzw.com/tripplanner for a great resource to learn more about rates, coverage and dialing patterns. Does this help answer the questions you had regarding the international service? 

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WWII

if an i watch series 5 with cellular feature is paired With an iPhone 8 and I am traveling internationally with travel pass on my iPhone, will the i watch by itself trigger the start of a travel pass session?  I know that there is no separate international features on the I watch but will that pairing start the travel pass session if there is no activity on the iPhone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This would depend on whether or not this Smart Watch is connected to your plan. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes