TravelPass
kedge1

I am in Dublin, Ireland and my TravelPass is not working. I received a Welcome to Ireland message on the day that I arrived so I know the service is turned on. But it doesn't work at all. I do not want to pay for a service I am not receiving. This is most inconvenient and I know Verizon is going to charge me for a service I did not receive. I'll plan to change service once I return to the US

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TravelPass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kedge1 ,

While it's great to know that you're in Ireland and that you had received a "welcome" message upon arrival, there's a lot more to this that we'd need to know about. What exactly did that text say? Have you restarted your phone since arriving, and turned on the data roaming on the phone? What is the make/model of your phone? It's actually really easy to see if you used your phone internationally, and if you're in a current TravelPass session or not, so where are you seeing that you'd be charged regardless? 

-Russell

0 Likes
kedge1

The text said: “Welcome to Ireland. With TravelPass you can use talk, text and data from your domestic allowance. You’ll pay $10/day only on days you use your mobile abroad. Reply Travel to this message and we’ll add TravelPass to your line.”

But I checked my line before I left the US and TravelPass was showing as already turned on.

I did turn on data roaming but have not restarted my phone. I have the iPhone 11 ProMax.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming, kedge1. What happens when you reply "Travel" to this text message? Also, what error are you receiving when you attempt to use your services (calls, text, data)? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
kedge1

I didn't get a confirmation or any kind of response when I responded 'travel.'

I can't get online at all. I can send and receive text messages from travel colleagues here but haven't received any of my other normal texts that I always get.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kedge1, thank you for sharing this information. We are glad to hear that you are able to receive text messages from travel colleagues in the same area. Are you having trouble placing a phone call (Dial Plus Sign then 1 then ten-digit U.S. number)? What error are you receiving when you attempt to access a website or mobile app? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
kedge1

When I go online I get a "No Internet Service" message. I'm not getting the service I was supposed to get with TravelPass so please don't charge me for it.

I'll just got the Sim card route next time I travel internationally.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Kedge1. I aplogize for the inconvenience with the travel pass. Please click on the link bellow, in order to assist you with this issue. 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6009z4vrh

>Alex Apolo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you still need assistance with travel pass. Please feel free to contact us at any time.

>Alex Apolo

0 Likes