Traveling to Mexico
_tpc_

What is recommended for ones plan while traveling to mexico.  We will be using our phones, but only sparingly.  However 3 of the 4 phones on the plan will be going with us.

We also do not want to lose the grandfathered unlimited data, since we have yet to upgrade to 4g phones but all 3 are on 3g unlimited data plans.

How easy/recommended would it be to switch the plan that includes mexico for the week we are there and then switch back?  Will we be sfae abd not lose our unlimited data?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Traveling to Mexico
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to call customer service and have them add international calling and texting to your plans. The data plans are a separate feature and wouldn't be affected by changes to the voice plan and texting feature. As long as you disabled the data and only use Wifi, you shouldn't have any roaming data charges.

Since this is a customer peer to peer forum, we can only offer suggestions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
_tpc_

Bump.

Anyone have any ideas?  3 phones, all on data plans traveling to mexico.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you turn off your data connection and disable data roaming?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
_tpc_

I guess I can, but we all have different phones.  One droid incredible, droidx, and one blackberry.  There will also be a couple of calls back to the states, but maybe one or two calls won't make a difference in the cost/hassle of temporarily changing plans?

I really would't mind being able to get my emails while gone, and I will make at least two calls while there.  Plus there will likely be calls/texting between the 3 of us in case we need to locate each other.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to call customer service and have them add international calling and texting to your plans. The data plans are a separate feature and wouldn't be affected by changes to the voice plan and texting feature. As long as you disabled the data and only use Wifi, you shouldn't have any roaming data charges.

Since this is a customer peer to peer forum, we can only offer suggestions.

0 Likes
Kaydiane
I will be using my iPhone. What do I need to do?
0 Likes
Kaydiane

I need the coustomer service number

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kaydiane. We understand the importance of using your service while out of the country, and we'll be happy to help ensure you get the best plan and that your device is set up correctly. How do you plan to use the services? How long is your trip? You can also use this link to find the plan that best suits your needs: http://spr.ly/6609EvcTU

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! I love Mexico and I'll be happy to help you with your travel concerns. Did you know you could use the Travel Planner to assist you? Here is a link to our page. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-travel/ Also here is the number to our customer service team. They can be reached by dialing 800-922-0204 or *611 from your Verizon phone. Does that help? VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes