Unable to use Note 5 in another country
lrosal525

My friend took a Note 5 from verizon to another country and the device is asking for network ID.  I thought the device was unlocked to be used anywhere. How can we resolve this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to use Note 5 in another country
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Contact the network whose SIM you are trying to use. When you are not in the USA, Verizon has no control over the network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

maybe get a sim card from a cdma/lte vendor.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Contact the network whose SIM you are trying to use. When you are not in the USA, Verizon has no control over the network.

0 Likes
michelles_vzw
Verizon Employee

Irosal525 we understand the importance of having wireless service when traveling out of the country. Prior to your friend leaving, did your friend add any sort of international plan to their account? If he/she is experiencing difficulties with service, they may also reach our Global Support Team at 908-559-4899.

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
lrosal525

The phone is not active with Verizon anymore it's been paid for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lrosal525,

The Note 5 is an unlocked device, however, it cannot be guaranteed to work on every network. Check out the unlock policy here: http://vz.to/23wvcaP In regards to your friend using the device out of the country, as sprmankalel  stated, they will need to reach out to the local carrier of the sim card they are using.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
michelles_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for clarifying Irosal525. Our 4G devices already come unlocked for international use. If your friend is using an international sim or has the phone activated with an international carrier, please have your friend reach out to their current carrier for further assistance.

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes