Usage over seas
Norfolk

Will the droid tablet and phone work over in Italy?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Usage over seas
rcschnoor
Legend

For what it is worth, only certain Motorola phones are "Droid" phones. While many phones have the "android" operating system, they are not necessarily "Droid" phones. That is a brand name assoicated with both Motorola and Verizon.

That is similar to saying I have a "Corvette" when you actually have a Ford "Mustang".

According to Verizon's International Trip Planner, the neither the LG Lancet for Android nor the Verizon Ellipsis 8 is compatible with Verizon's international plan. Whether or not they would work with a local SIM card purchased in Italy, I don't know.

The tablet WOULD be able to be used with wifi only regardless of where you used it, or without data access either for that fact.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

You would have to be a bit more specific phone and tablet you are using.

For example, the Motorola Droid phone was probably released 4-6 years ago, is a CDMA only phone and will not likely work in Italy.

Then there is the Droid 2, the Droid Thunderbolt, the Droid Razr, the Droid Razr Maxx, the Droid Razr HD, the Droid Razr Maxx HD, the Droid Turbo, the Droid Turbo 2. There may be other, too.

We don't know what phone or tablet you have.

0 Likes
Norfolk

I have an LG Verizon droid 4g

0 Likes
Norfolk

The cell is a LG lancet for android.also would an ellipsis 8 tablet work in Italy as well?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

For what it is worth, only certain Motorola phones are "Droid" phones. While many phones have the "android" operating system, they are not necessarily "Droid" phones. That is a brand name assoicated with both Motorola and Verizon.

That is similar to saying I have a "Corvette" when you actually have a Ford "Mustang".

According to Verizon's International Trip Planner, the neither the LG Lancet for Android nor the Verizon Ellipsis 8 is compatible with Verizon's international plan. Whether or not they would work with a local SIM card purchased in Italy, I don't know.

The tablet WOULD be able to be used with wifi only regardless of where you used it, or without data access either for that fact.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you have a great trip Norfolk! We definitely want you to stay connected. Despite your devices being incompatible in Italy, we do have an International Travel Program available. This program will allow you to rent a World Device for up to 21 days. For more details visit:http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/international-travel-program-faqs/
AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes