Using Galaxy S8 with SoftBank SIM, no data
Gamer0364

Hi,

I'm currently stationed in Japan with the military, and have an old Galaxy S6 that I bought when I first arrived in 2016. I also have a Galaxy S8 that I bought with Verizon when I briefly returned to the States last year for a month. I'm trying to use my Verizon-bought S8 with my SoftBank SIM; I know the global LTE phones are SIM-unlocked from the factory, and have swapped the SIM over no problem. I immediately got text and voice, verified by having my wife call and text me, but I'm unable to get any data. I double-checked the APN settings using settings grabbed from SoftBank's site, and everything checks out. Just no data service. And the annoying 'SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless' notification, which I clear by force-stopping Setup Wizard. 

While I can get by with the old S6 until we leave and head back to the States for good next year, I would much rather use the S8 if possible. Especially since the screen on the S6 is shattered; an unfortunate meeting with the corner of a counter, courtesy of slippery hands and gravity.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using Galaxy S8 with SoftBank SIM, no data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us and thank you for being a serving family to our country. Being able to use your device and services properly is important. To ensure we are on the same page, have you attempted to contact your provider to ensure everything is set up properly on their end? Please advise.AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes