Using old sim card again after activating a new one.
myungkil0346

Hey all,

My question is would I be able to use my 'old sim card after activating a new one with a new phone?

I was traveling outside the country with the new phone but I lost it.

luckily, I was carrying around the old phone with the old sim card (with the same # number)

that I would be able to use for short time after arriving back.

Would the old sim card activate again?

THank you.

0 Likes
Re: Using old sim card again after activating a new one.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, myungkil0346. We are glad to see you are back from your trip. Sorry to see your phone was lost. If you had insurance, you can file a claim with Asurion by giving them a call at 888.881.2622 or you can file a claim online http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

You can use the old SIM card in the phone if the phones are similar. That means you won't be able to use an iPhone SIM card in an Android, however, iPhone to iPhone SIM cards will work and most Android to Android SIM cards will also work in another Android. 

Have you already tried to enter the SIM card in the phone? If so, did it activate for you?  I want to make sure you can get your phone working. I have sent you a direct message if you need assistance with this. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

not all sim cards are the same size & not all phones use the same sim card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, myungkil0346. We are glad to see you are back from your trip. Sorry to see your phone was lost. If you had insurance, you can file a claim with Asurion by giving them a call at 888.881.2622 or you can file a claim online http://bit.ly/07CrqPK.

You can use the old SIM card in the phone if the phones are similar. That means you won't be able to use an iPhone SIM card in an Android, however, iPhone to iPhone SIM cards will work and most Android to Android SIM cards will also work in another Android.

Have you already tried to enter the SIM card in the phone? If so, did it activate for you? I want to make sure you can get your phone working. I have sent you a direct message if you need assistance with this.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TamaraH_VZW

If that is the case  then explain why the currently active SIM card in my phone started out as a SIM card associated with the iPhone 5s, was moved to an android phone, then to a Windows phone, and back to an android phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jerseybink315

Omg I thought I was the only one! 

I was told, when I went to get a better quality phone, that I couldn't because of my SIM card and the ones that I could get are basically the exact same.. works good for a couple months but then not only do they have terrible storage space but even the camera starts to only take blurry pics, it's so bad because that's important to me.. taking pics of grandbabies and dog grooming before and after pics.. I cannot get either to come out now even if my subject is being still... I fudging can't take it anymore! 

Verizon, plz tell me there's a decent phone available that takes MY sim, which is what came with my phone 5 years ago from target. Is it true I would have to start from scratch if I wanted to switch to a phone that doesn't take my SIM? I can't lose my number and basically create a new prepaid account with you. That IS what I was told though. 

Jamie

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes