VZW Wifi Network Available in India?
Helloitsme123

I've successfully connected my iPhone 8 to VZW Wifi in Europe, and avoided triggering the $10 daily International Plan charge (with phone on airplane mode).  

Can I do the same in Delhi and other major cities in India?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW Wifi Network Available in India?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Helloitsme123, we always want our customers to have options for using their phones while traveling. We are here to help.

Yes, you can avoid any international roaming charges simply by keeping your phone in Airplane Mode while traveling. You can connect to any Wi-Fi service that is available to you to be able to use functions on your phone that only require data.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Helloitsme123 wrote:

I've successfully connected my iPhone 8 to VZW Wifi in Europe, and avoided triggering the $10 daily International Plan charge (with phone on airplane mode).  

Can I do the same in Delhi and other major cities in India?

Thanks

Just to be clear, you are not 'connected to VWZ WiFi' you are connected to Verizon network via WiFi connection for WiFi calling.   You can connect in any country that allows WiFi calling.  India does.  Turkey does not.  
Keeping your phone in airplane mode would prevent a cellular connection.

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, Verizon Wireless has no list of countries where you cannot use their Wi-Fi Calling service.

0 Likes