WIFI CALLLING IN OVERSEA
WIFICALLING

I understand I have to activate wifi calling while I am in the USA as an iphone user.

My questions are :

1) After I leave USA, if I remove my verizion  sim card from my phone. will the wifi calling be still working without the sim?

2) If I install back the verison sim to my iphone . Will the wifi calling be still working? 

I sill not have a chance to activate wifi calling while traveling oversea.  really want to make sure how it work when still in here.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI CALLLING IN OVERSEA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for reaching out to us about this. Wi-Fi Calling is an awesome feature to have, so my goal tonight is to make sure you understand fully how it works. The sim card is what provisions your phone on our network, so if you remove it you will not have use of the Wi-Fi Calling feature. If you remove the sim card while outside of the U.S. and your device is still active on your account all of your services should still be available. However, we do not guarantee it will fully provision again until you are back on our network in the U.S. Also, in order to use the feature it must be activated here in the U.S. on our network. If you did not activate the feature before leaving the U.S., you will not be able to do so until you are back here on our network. Did this help provide some clarity for you?-Dia

0 Likes
sorry. i still dont understand.   if i activate wifi call...
WIFICALLING

sorry. i still dont understand.   if i activate wifi calling in usa before leaving for lets say Japan. After I arrived Japan  and remove my verizon sim from My iphone and use a japan  local sim ,  and  two days later.  I put back my verizon sim to the iphone.   the wifi calling still working?

0 Likes
Re: sorry. i still dont understand.   if i activate wifi call...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is no guarantee all of your services will reprovision once you reinstall our sim card because you will not be on our network here in the U.S. You can try it, but there is no guarantee that feature will be available again until you are back in the U.S. Does this make sense?-Dia

0 Likes
veriprefu
WIFICALLING

I understand it better now. but from my perspective.  removing and putting it back the sim  is like turning the phone off and turn it on again. I really want to see if any other members  can share some real examples

Thanks again

0 Likes