What Happens If I Text Someone who is overseas?
iwasjustasking

So I have a friend who is traveling overseas, and I'm not sure when he gets back. If I try to text him and he is still away, will my phone tell me that it didn't work, or will it still say "sent" because my phone is still trying to deliver it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting someone outside coverage area
Weth
Legend

Verizon will continue trying to deliver for 5 days, sent just means it was received in the Verizon system, not that it was delivered. 

1. If I have my phone turned off, will I still receive text messages?Verizon Wireless will attempt to deliver the message when your phone is powered on and you are in the Verizon Wireless digital service area. If the phone is powered off or you have traveled outside of the Verizon Wireless digital service area, the network will store the message for later delivery. The network will attempt to deliver the message for 5 days (120 hours) from the date of Verizon Wireless' receipt of the message. Messages not delivered within 5 days will be automatically deleted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon will continue trying to deliver for 5 days, sent just means it was received in the Verizon system, not that it was delivered. 

1. If I have my phone turned off, will I still receive text messages?Verizon Wireless will attempt to deliver the message when your phone is powered on and you are in the Verizon Wireless digital service area. If the phone is powered off or you have traveled outside of the Verizon Wireless digital service area, the network will store the message for later delivery. The network will attempt to deliver the message for 5 days (120 hours) from the date of Verizon Wireless' receipt of the message. Messages not delivered within 5 days will be automatically deleted.

0 Likes
iwasjustasking

So if he returns within 5 days the message will be delivered? If not, would I get any notification the message failed, or should I just assume it did?

0 Likes