What country codes do we use in these situations?
rober828

My wife and I will each be traveling to a  different country. Both of us will have the international plan. When I am traveling in Spain and she is traveling in Japan, what country codes do we use to call each other? Do we still use the Us country code?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What country codes do we use in these situations?
deloused
Master - Level 3

You did receive the correct dialing instructions from the representative you called. (It's also in the link info the online rep included in her post) It will work like that for both of you with the international roaming partners in the countrys you'll be in since you'll both have US numbers.

It's not necessary to know where a device is in order to call it, when you call your wife's number from Spain it will still route first to the US network,  before routing to the network in Japan, and vice versa.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a wonderful question, rober828. You would need to utilize the country code to the country that the device is currently located in at the moment of contact. You would need to utilize Japan's country code and your wife would use Spain's. You can find this information using our Trip Planner here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rober828

Thank you for the answer. Can you please verify that it is correct because yesterday I got a different answer when I called the Verizon Wireless Representative number (1-800- 922-0204). The lady told me to always use +1 (the USA country code) because both my phone and my wife's phone have U.S. numbers. Both answers sound equally likely to me. Please confirm for me whether yours or hers is correct in the situations I described in my question. Thank you.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You did receive the correct dialing instructions from the representative you called. (It's also in the link info the online rep included in her post) It will work like that for both of you with the international roaming partners in the countrys you'll be in since you'll both have US numbers.

It's not necessary to know where a device is in order to call it, when you call your wife's number from Spain it will still route first to the US network,  before routing to the network in Japan, and vice versa.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, sorry for the confusion. Since you will both still be calling US numbers when calling each other, you would use the trip planner tool to get dialing instructions to dial back to the United States  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/ . I hope that helps.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes