What happened to my 1,000 minute $20 plan to Guatemala?
galleherjazz

I had signed on to a Verizon international plan to Guatemala for $20/month that included 1,000 minutes. I have recently traveled to Guatemala and suspended the plan while I was away and used the Travelpass plan while away. Upon my return, I called to reactivate my suspended plan. I was informed by the agent that that service was NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I had the agent formally request that the service be reactivated for me. My question is, because I had the plan in use and asked only that it be SUSPENDED, not cancelled, do I not have the right to the plan? Or would I have been informed that the plan was going to be cancelled even if I continued using it here in the U.S.?

0 Likes
Re: What happened to my 1,000 minute $20 plan to Guatemala?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the plan you had been retired a while ago, then you would lose it if you changed your plan to the newer options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: What happened to my 1,000 minute $20 plan to Guatemala?
rcschnoor
Legend

galleherjazz wrote:

My question is, because I had the plan in use and asked only that it be SUSPENDED, not cancelled, do I not have the right to the plan?

International plans are services on an account, not separate plans. You are only eligible to suspend your entire account, not services. You can only add or remove individual services, not suspend them. If you remove a feature, it must still be available when you want to add it back to your account.

One of Verizon's current options for calling Guatemala while in the US would be $5/month + $0.05/minute.

0 Likes