Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,586 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
When traveling in Europe, Voicemail icon with no message.
GRAYISMYNAME

When traveling in Europe, the Voicemail icon appears on my phone, even though there is no message. The icon does not clear when the session is ended. How do i clear it when ending the session with * key does not? Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4. Country's traveled are Spain, France, Switzerland. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.    

0 Likes
Re: When traveling in Europe, Voicemail icon with no message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand the importance of managing your devices. Let's look into this together. Is this regarding your Visual Voicemail or regular voicemail?

0 Likes
GRAYISMYNAME

This is in conjunction with regular voice mail. When abroad (back in USA now) the icon appears on the top line of the main screen. The icon does not appear when in the states.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome back! I'm glad the issue is not occurring now. However, during your
future travels, I suggest using these steps to turn your message waiting
indicator off/on in an effort to remedy the notification
issue: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-21683/. I hope this is beneficial. 

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer
button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our
conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GRAYISMYNAME

Thank you for the suggestion. The directions you pointed me towards are a bit conflicting. The second bullet under BASIC VOICEMAIL says "The Voicemail Notification option...isn't adjustable.",  but then goes on to give directions.

My follow-up question; is there a recommendation of wait time between turning off the notification and turning it back on? Obviously, the goal is to have the system re-set. Not just hide a false notification. So, how long do I wait for that re-set?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’re right about the conflicting nature of that second bullet point. I had to diagram the sentence myself. In my expertise, as long as you have Basic Voice Mail, Personal Options will toggle notifications ON/ OFF.

You can toggle it off and on during the same voicemail session with no consequences.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�
button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our
conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes